Elbow Surgery Available at Our State-of-the-Art Facilities in Freehold & Monroe Township, NJ
The elbow is one of the most frequently used joints in the body, which leaves it vulnerable to several orthopedic conditions due to overuse or injury. If elbow pain is interfering with your everyday activities and you’ve exhausted all of your nonsurgical treatment options, it may be time to consider surgery.
At Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute, our board-certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons perform elbow surgery at our state-of-the-art facilities in Freehold and Monroe Township, New Jersey. Our surgeons are leaders in their respective fields and have a deep understanding of the conditions that can affect the elbow, including:
- Ulnar nerve entrapment – Compression or irritation of the ulnar nerve at the point where it passes through the elbow
- Bursitis – Inflammation of the bursae, tiny fluid-filled sacs that cushion the bones, tendons, and muscles near the elbow joint
- Rheumatoid arthritis – An autoimmune condition that causes the immune system to attack the joint lining of the elbow
- Tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow – Overuse of the tendons in the elbow, usually through repetitive arm and wrist motions
- Dislocations – The bones in the forearm (radius and ulna) move out of alignment with the bone in the upper arm (humerus)
At Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute, we place a strong emphasis on conservative treatment whenever possible. Often, we are able to treat elbow conditions without surgery, using options such as splints or braces, anti-inflammatory medications, injections, and physical therapy.
However, if nonsurgical treatment does not improve your symptoms, we do have several advanced surgical options available, including the latest arthroscopic and minimally invasive techniques. These procedures are performed by our highly experienced, board-certified, and fellowship trained surgeons, so if you decide to proceed with elbow surgery at AOSMI, you can feel confident you’re in the most capable hands.
If you would like additional information about the elbow surgery options we offer, contact Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute today. We will be happy to schedule an appointment for you at our facilities in Freehold or Monroe Township, NJ.