Find a Certified NJ Podiatrist
Our feet are constantly under stress, so it’s no wonder that 80 percent of us will have some sort of pain or disability that affects our quality life. Many factors affect the condition of our feet, from activity level to occupation to health conditions and injury. Don’t let pain keep you from enjoying life. The Doctor’s at AOSMI and Advanced Foot and Ankle Institute are ready to provide you with exceptional care to keep you on your feet.
Common Conditions Treated
The most common conditions treated by our doctors and surgeons:
- Sprains and strains of the foot and ankle
- Foot and leg cramps
- Foot and ankle arthritis including joint replacement
- Plantar fasciitis and heel spurs
- Athlete’s foot and excessive sweating
- Bunions, hammer toes, and foot deformity
- Corns, calluses, plantar warts, and ingrowing toenails
- Adult and pediatric flat foot
- Achilles tendinitis and ruptures
- Fractures and traumatic injury
- Diabetic foot care and charcot reconstruction
- Wound healing and limb salvage
Most conditions can be treated without the need for invasive surgical procedures. Dr. Alison DeWaters is a board-certified, podiatric foot and ankle surgeon at AOSMI. Dr. DeWaters specializes in complete foot and ankle care with services ranging from diabetic foot care and orthotics to advanced reconstructive surgery of the foot and ankle. Non-operative treatment options offered by AOSMI include:
- Injections, including orthobiologics and Steroids
- Ultrasound Therapy
- Medication Management
- Damage Tissue Regeneration – EPAT
- Our state-of-the-art Physical Therapy center offers strength training, flexibility, balance training.
Common Surgical Procedures
Once all conservative treatments have been exhausted, our surgical team will suggest and proceed with the appropriate surgical intervention. Dr. Alison Dewaters has special interest in wound healing, amputation prevention and limb salvage. Dr. Dewaters’ goal has always been to help bring her patients back to full activity, while providing the best medical and surgical care possible.