David Kirschenbaum, MD
Board Certified in Orthopedic Surgery | Fellowship Trained Orthopedic Surgeon | Orthopedic Hand Surgeon
“Dr. David Kirschenbaum is a hand and upper extremity fellowship trained orthopaedic surgeon. He completed his medical school education at Rutgers Medical School and his orthopaedic residency at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital. He then proceeded to sub-specialize in the hand and upper extremity by completing the prestigious Jefferson Hand Fellowship in Philadelphia, PA.
Dr. Kirschenbaum is Board Certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and has a Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand. He is a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand and the New York Society for Surgery of the Hand.
Dr. Kirschenbaum is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and is actively involved in the orthopaedic residency teaching program. He is also involved in orthopaedic research and has presented his work numerous times at national meetings and has multiple publications in international, peer review journals.
Dr. Kirschenbaum is well known for his successful treatment of all orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries, particularly complex injuries to the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder. He combines a traditional conservative approach with updated surgical advances to achieve outstanding results and offers the most individualized orthopaedic care for your problem.
In 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016 and 2017, Dr. Kirschenbaum was named Top Doctor by New Jersey Monthly Magazine and in 2017 was named Top Doc by NJ Top Docs, a Division of USA Top Docs.”
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 1994
- Certificate of Added Qualifications in Surgery of the Hand 1995
- Recertification American Board of Orthipaedic Surgery 2005
- Recertification: Combined Orthopaedics and Hand, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery 1/1/2015-12/31/2024
Honors and Awards
- National Honor Society: Toms River High School North
- Phi Beta Kappa, Summa Cum Laude: Muhlenberg College Alpha Omega Alpha: Rutgers Medical School
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor 2010
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor 2011
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor 2012
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor 2016
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor 2017
- New Jersey Monthly Magazine Top Doctor 2018
- A Division of USA Top Docs NJ Top Docs 2017
- A Division of USA Top Docs NJ Top Docs 2018