Dr. Alison DeWaters is board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. She received her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University in 2000 followed by her degree in Podiatric Medicine from Temple University in 2004.
Dr. DeWaters then completed a four-year residency in podiatric reconstructive foot and ankle surgery at the University of Pennsylvania, Penn-Presbyterian Medical Center where she served as Chief Resident in 2008.
Dr. DeWaters’ special interests include forefoot reconstructive surgery, including bunions and hammertoes, arthroscopic ankle repair, diabetic foot care and surgical salvage, reconstruction of pediatric and congenital foot and ankle deformities, peripheral nerve surgery, and complex adult foot and ankle deformities. Additionally, she is trained in the Wright Medical InBone Total Ankle Implant.
Dr. DeWaters continues to teach foot and ankle surgery to podiatric medical students and residents, and maintains clinic and private practices. She is also a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, the New Jersey Podiatric Medical Association, and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. DeWaters also authored a chapter in the McGlamry’s Textbook for Foot and Ankle Surgery and lectures around the country on various topics. She was also voted “One of the Best Podiatrists” by the Asbury Park Press.
In her leisure, Dr. Dewaters enjoys spending time with her husband and children at various sporting events and the beach.
- Total Foot and Ankle Care
- Sprains & Fractures
- Ingrown & Fungus Nails
- Diabetic Foot Care & Ulcers
- Diabetic Shoes and Custom Made Orthotics
- Bunions, Hammer Toes, Warts, Neuromas, Corns, Heel Spurs and Callouses
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Sports Injuries/Ankle Pain
- Shockwave Therapy for Heel Pain
- Arthritic Conditions
- Pediatric Deformities
- Skin Disorders
- Vascular Testing
Education and Training
College Education: Rutgers University – New Brunswick, NJ – BS
Medical Education: Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine – Philadelphia, PA – DPM
Residency: Penn-Presbyterian – Philadelphia, PA – Podiatric Surgery
- Director, Advanced Foot and Ankle Institute
- Peer Review Editor for the Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery
- CentraState Medical Center – Freehold
- Manalapan Surgery Center – Manalapan
- Kimball Medical Center – Lakewood Township
- Ocean Medical Center – Brick