Dr. Thomas Del Guercio is a fellowship-trained pain management physician with expertise in treating complex pain conditions. He is Board Certified in Interventional Pain Medicine as well as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. After completing his internship in General Surgery, he went on to complete his residency training in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at The University of Louisville – Frazier Rehabilitation Institute in Louisville, KY. After residency, he completed an ACGME board accredited Pain Medicine fellowship at The University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine in Tampa. FL.
Dr. Del Guercio provides compassionate care for patients suffering from a wide variety of conditions of the spine, nerves, joints and muscles. He utilizes his expertise in pain management, musculoskeletal and neurological anatomy to accurately diagnose and treat even the most complex pain. He incorporates various interventional pain modalities, as well as expertise from fields such as pharmacology, psychology, and physical therapy into patient treatment plans. The various minimally invasive treatment options offered by Dr. Del Guercio include fluoroscopic-guided spine injections, ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal injections, peripheral nerve blocks, radiofrequency ablation, regenerative medicine, kyphoplasty/vertebroplasty, lumbar spinal decompression, intrathecal drug delivery, and spinal cord stimulation.
Dr. Del Guercio has a particular interest in cancer-related pain as well as the evolving fields of neuromodulation and regenerative medicine given their implication for long-term pain relief. During his fellowship, he trained at the Moffit Cancer Center where he treated various complex cancer-related pain conditions.
Dr. Del Guercio’s goal is to accurately diagnose painful conditions and provide targeted individualized treatment plans for his patients, with a focus on increasing function and improving quality of life.
Originally from New Jersey, Dr. Del Guercio is happy to be back in the Garden State. He is an avid New York sports fan, cheering on the Yankees, Giants, and Nets. In his free time, Dr. Del Guercio enjoys traveling, golfing, trying new food, snowboarding, and spending time with his wife, daughter and dog, Derby.
- Low Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Spine Pain
- Spinal Stenosis
- Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Neuropathy (Nerve Pain)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Post-laminectomy (“Failed Back”) Pain Syndrome
- Post-Surgical Pain Syndromes
- Sports Medicine Injuries
- Joint Pain/Arthritis, Hips, Shoulders, & Knees
- Cancer Pain
- Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Amputee Pain/Phantom Limb Pain
- Facial Pain/Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Post Herpectic Neuralgia (Post Shingles Pain)
- Spasticity Pain
- Central Pain (due to Stroke or Spinal Cord Injury)
- Pelvic/Abdominal Pain
Education and Training
College Education: Muhlenberg College – Allentown, PA
Medical Education: St. Matthew’s University School of Medicine – Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
Internship: Maimonides Medical Center – Brooklyn, NY
Residency: University of Louisville – Frazier Rehabilitation Institute Louisville, KY
Fellowship: University of South Florida Morsani College of Medicine – Tampa, FL
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- American Society for Pain and Neuroscience
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- North American Neuromodulation Society &
- International Neuromodulation Society
- North American Spine Society
- Interventional Orthopedics Foundation
- New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Medical Association