Alan S. Nasar, MD, FAAOS
Today, Dr. Nasar is the Director of the Total Joint Center of New Jersey at CentraState, Chairman of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at CentraState, and the Director of Orthopedics at The Manor Health and Rehabilitation Center in Freehold, New Jersey. In addition, he is a professional member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Monmouth County Medical Society, the New Jersey Medical Society, and New Jersey Orthopedic Society.
Dr. Nasar developed an interest in artificial joint design during his specialized training in biomechanics and biomaterials at The Cooper Union. His experience as a mechanical engineer gives him an intimate knowledge of the design and function of artificial joint prostheses that enables him to select the most appropriate device for each patient. He uses the most advanced bearing surfaces, such as ceramic and enhanced polyethylene, for maximum longevity. He has been an early adopter and has provided feedback to designers regarding advanced surgical techniques such as computer-assisted joint replacement surgery and patient-specific instrumentation, which have been created to achieve the most accurate placement of implants.
Dr. Nasar’s goals are to restore patients to their previous activity level, minimize pain, and facilitate rapid recovery. With advanced components and techniques, his objective is to perform joint replacement surgery that can last a lifetime. He has a particular interest in advanced pain management techniques, which combined with minimally invasive surgery, can lead to less discomfort and a more rapid return to work and leisure activities.
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement: Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Shoulder Replacement
- Arthroscopy and Reconstruction Surgery: Hip Arthroscopy and Knee Arthroscopy
- Revision Joint Replacement: Revision Knee Replacement, Revision Hip Replacement
- Joint Preservation Surgery: Cartilage Resurfacing and Partial Joint Replacements
- Adult and Pediatric Fracture and Trauma Care
- Sports Medicine, including: Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Foot/Ankle
- Joint and Cartilage Restoration Surgery
- Orthobiologics: Hyaluronic Acid Injections
- Advanced Imaging: Ultrasound and Fluoroscopic Guided Injections
- Expert Medical Evaluations and Testimony
Education and Training
College Education: The Cooper Union – New York, NY – BS
Medical Education: UMDNJ- New Jersey Medical School – Newark, NJ – MD
Internship: SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital – Stony Brook, NY
Residency: SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital – Stony Brook, NY
Fellowship: Joint Replacement Surgery, Desert Orthopedic Center – Las Vegas, NV
- Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery at CentraState Medical Center, Freehold NJ
- Director of The Total Joint Center of New Jersey at CentraState Medical Center, Freehold NJ
- Secretary, Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute, Freehold, NJ
- President, Pond View Professional Park Condominium Association, Freehold, NJ
- CentraState Medical Center
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Raritan Bay Medical Center – Old Bridge
- Manalapan Surgery Center
Dr. Alan Nasar Testimonials
Dr Nasar had to perform a difficult knee revision. He explained everything he would do before, and everything he did afterwards. My knee is six weeks post surgery and is doing great. The staff is also wonderful. I’ve already recommended him to a family member. (Arline T. | Mar 2019 | Healthgrades)
Dr. Nasar has replaced parts in several of my family members as well as recently performing a full knee replacement for me. We all are very satisfied with the surgery and follow up care given by Dr. Nasar. It’s so good to have function back in my knee. (Donna B. | Feb 2019 | Healthgrades)
Dr. Nasar has performed knee replacement on both of my knees, the first one was 8 years ago. The first time was so successful there was no way I would have any other doctor when I had my other knee done 3 months ago! Not only is he an expert in surgery but he also takes great care of his patients. He takes the time to listen to you and talks about options available. His office is run very efficiently and staff is always helpful. Highly recommend him! (Linda Lampaglia | Feb 2019 | Google)
Jane is a 71 year-old female who underwent a direct anterior hip replecement 24 hours prior to filming this video. She is able to walk in her hospital room without any assistance and reports no pain. Hip replacement surgery performed by Dr. Alan S. Nasar at The Total Joint Center of New Jersey, CentraState Medical Center, Freehold NJ.
Stephanie is a 68 year-old female who underwent a simultaneous bilateral (double) knee replacement with quadriceps muscle sparing surgery performed by Dr. Alan S. Nasar at The Total Joint Center of New Jersey, CentraState Medical Center, Freehold NJ. Stephanie talks about her experience with the surgery and her recovery. She is quite pleased with the lack of pain and her rapid recovery.