Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery for Residents of Marlboro, NJ
Back pain is one of the most common medical problems and affects roughly 80 percent of Americans at some point in their lives. It can range from a dull, constant ache to a sudden, severe pain, and it can last from a few days to a few weeks. If back pain persists for more than three months, that is when it is considered chronic. If you are suffering from chronic back pain and it is beginning to interfere with the quality of your life, you may want to consider spine surgery. At Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute (AOSMI) near Marlboro, New Jersey, we perform minimally invasive surgical procedures that can help alleviate your back pain long-term and get you back on the move.
Common Surgical Procedures
At AOSMI, our spine surgeons have extensive experience treating a wide range of conditions that cause back pain, including degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, spondylolisthesis, herniated discs, scoliosis, tumors, fractures, infections, and many more. After a thorough evaluation to determine your condition and the best treatment method for you, your doctor may recommend any of the following minimally invasive surgeries to treat your spine condition:
- Laser spine surgery – Remove damaged tissue through tiny incisions
- Microdiskectomy – Remove damaged disc through tiny incisions
- Microlaminectomy – Open up area compressing the spinal cord
- Microforaminotomy – Open up area around compressed nerves
- Minimally invasive fusion – Bond segments of the spine together to eliminate pain
- Kyphoplasty – Support a spine fracture with bone cement
- Endoscopic discectomy – Remove damaged disc through tiny incisions
While the idea of spine surgery may be intimidating, you’ll be happy to know that our minimally invasive procedures are a safer alternative to traditional open spine surgeries – they require a smaller incision and shorter recovery times – yet they are just as effective. Plus, all of our surgeons are highly experienced, skilled, and board-certified, so you can feel confident you’re in good hands.
To further discuss the spine surgery options we offer at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute, contact us today. We are proud to serve residents of Marlboro, NJ.