Shoulder Arthroscopy—an Advanced Surgical Treatment Option Available in Freehold and Monroe Township, NJ
Shoulder arthroscopy is an advanced surgical procedure that involves the use of small “buttonhole” incisions and specialized surgical instruments. Using a tiny fiber-optic camera, a surgeon is able to look inside the shoulder joint and clearly view and access all of its structures. Prior to the development of this minimally invasive technique, open surgery was the only option available for treating certain shoulder injuries. As compared to open surgery, arthroscopic surgery offers a number of advantages, such as a reduced risk of surgical complications and a faster recovery.
In recent years, arthroscopic shoulder surgery has received a lot of public attention, mainly because it has been used to treat several prominent athletes. However, shoulder arthroscopy can be a beneficial option for many orthopedic patients, regardless of their physical ability or activity level.
What Conditions Can Be Treated With Shoulder Arthroscopy?
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery can be used to diagnose, evaluate, and treat:
- Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis)
- Shoulder joint instability and recurrent dislocations
- Damaged or torn ligaments
- Damaged or torn cartilage (labrum)
- Severely degenerated, damaged, or torn rotator cuffs
- Shoulder impingement syndrome
- Bone spurs around the rotator cuff
- Inflammation of the shoulder joint lining caused by rheumatoid arthritis
- Loose cartilage and bone debris
- Torn biceps tendons
- Arthritis damage at the end of the collarbone (clavicle)
- Arthritis damage in the clavicle section of the acromioclavicular joint (AC joint)
The Latest Surgical Shoulder Treatment Options Are Available at AOSMI
At Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute (AOSMI), we have a highly experienced team of board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons who specialize in performing shoulder arthroplasty. As athletes and sports-lovers ourselves, we understand the frustration of being sidelined with an injury. Our goal is to provide each patient with individualized and effective treatment so they can get back into the game—whatever their game might be.
If you’d like to learn more about shoulder arthroscopy, contact AOSMI today to request a consultation at our office in Freehold or Monroe Township, NJ. We’ll get to the bottom of your injury, address it as conservatively as possible, and help you recover quickly and fully.