Massage Therapy for Athletes & Active Individuals Available Near Matawan, NJ
Regular exercise is a key component of good health and wellness. And whether you are an elite professional athlete or an active senior who enjoys a brisk daily walk, you can benefit from massage therapy. The experienced massage therapists at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute (AOSMI) offer this service to all active individuals in the Matawan, New Jersey, area.
There’s nothing more relaxing than a long, luxurious massage performed by a qualified massage therapist. However, by incorporating different techniques—such as effleurage, friction, petrissage, vibration, shaking, compression, broadening strokes, direct pressure, cross-fiber friction, range of motion, and/or stretching—therapeutic massage takes those benefits much further.
The Myriad Health Benefits of Sports Massage
In terms of athletics and exercise, regular massage therapy can:
- Relieve muscle tension and stiffness (hypertonicity)
- Prevent the delayed onset of muscle soreness and fatigue
- Increase flexibility, range of motion, and soft tissue function
- Support the recovery of heart rate variability and diastolic blood pressure after high-intensity exercise
- Promote blood circulation and maximize the delivery of oxygen and essential nutrients throughout the body
- Promote lymph circulation and facilitate the elimination of toxins
- Reduce post-exercise blood creatine kinase (CK) levels
- Shorten the recovery time between workouts
- Improve athletic performance and help prevent injuries
As an athlete or active individual, you can benefit in many ways from massage therapy performed by a professional massage therapist at AOSMI. Whether you are interested in enhancing your performance, improving your conditioning, hastening your recovery, minimizing your risk of injuries, or maintaining your peak fitness level—or all of the above—we can design a personalized regimen to help you achieve your goals.
Are you ready to incorporate massage therapy into your self-care routine? If so, you’ll want to work with a specialized massage therapist to ensure the best possible results. Turn to the orthopedic specialists at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute. We offer a comprehensive array of sports medicine services, including massage therapy, at our state-of-the-art facility near Matawan, NJ.