AOSMI is committed to protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff.
- We are taking every precaution to prevent infected individuals from coming into our office.
- We advise patients who are sick or have symptoms of upper respiratory infection such as a fever, cough, and shortness of breath not to enter our office.
- Please call us prior to your appointment to discuss other treatment options.
- We are screening patients, employees and visitors before they enter the facility.
- Temperature screening is being implemented. If any patient or employee has a temperature above 100, they will not be allowed entry to our offices.
- No visitors are allowed to accompany patients in the office unless required medically or for pediatric patients and in those circumstances, only one visitor will be allowed.
- We are maintaining strict hygienic practices and frequently disinfecting our facility in order to limit the risk of disease transmission.
We advise all employees, patients and visitors to take these necessary precautionary and preventative actions for the health and safety of everyone:
- Avoid contact with those who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using cleaning sprays or wipes.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use alcohol based hand sanitizer
For your health and safety, we now offer Televisits
HOW DO YOU PARTICIPATE IN TELEVISIT?
THE FIRST STEP IS TO CALL AND SCHEDULE WITH YOUR PROVIDER
For many people today, telemedicine is a convenient and effective way to see their healthcare provider. Before beginning your TeleVisit, make sure that you:
- Have an active Patient Portal account, with username and password
- Set aside a secure, private location
TO BEGIN YOUR TELEVISIT, FOLLOW THESE EASY STEPS:
- “Arrive early” by logging in to your Patient Portal. If you can’t access the Portal, you can also begin your appointment through the reminder link sent to your email.
- Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard (or email reminder).
- Fill out any patient questionnaire, and provide requested personal information.
- Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a TeleVisit. If your computer does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
- Your physician will begin the face-to-face TeleVisit, and disconnect when the visit ends.
***If you experience any technical problems or have questions about the TeleVisit process, first look at the TeleVisit help file at the bottom left on your Patient Portal. If you still need additional help, we offer free, live chat support, accessible at the bottom of the TeleVisit help page.