Understanding Cartilage Repair and Where You can Seek Treatment in Howell, NJ
Have you recently damaged your cartilage? If so, then you may be in need to cartilage repair. But, In order to fully understand cartilage repair and where to receive treatment, it’s important to know what cartilage is and how it can become damaged. Cartilage is a connective tissue that acts as a cushion between the bones of joints. This fine, rubbery tissue is tough and flexible, yet it can become fairly easily damaged. Direct impact, such as during sports or accidents, wear and tear due to the natural aging process, poorly aligned joints, and lack of movement can all contribute to cartilage damage. Symptoms of cartilage damage include joint pain, inflammation, stiffness, and limited range of motion.
Cartilage Repair Services Are Available for Residents of Howell, NJ
At Advanced Orthopedics & Sports Medicine Institute, we offer cartilage repair services for those in the Howell, NJ, area. These services are meant to restore the cartilage and alleviate your pain. A few of the treatment options we offer include:
- Microfracture, an arthroscopic procedure that stimulates the regeneration of cartilage
- DeNovo NT, which utilizes juvenile cartilage to repair the damaged area
- Osteochondral autograft transplantation, which uses bone and cartilage plugs taken from the knee to help the damaged joint
- Osteochondral allograft transplant, which is when donor bone and cartilage plugs are applied in the damaged area
- Autologous chondrocyte implantation, a harvest via arthroscopic surgery] in which we grow our own cartilage cells and then transplant them into the damaged area
If you are looking for cartilage repair services performed by compassionate, highly skilled, and experienced professionals, contact Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute today. We are happy to serve residents of Howell, NJ, and beyond.