Ali Valimahomed, MD, FAAPMR
Dr. Ali Valimahomed is a dual board certified Interventional Pain Medicine physician. He completed his Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation residency at Cornell & Columbia, after which he finished his Pain Medicine fellowship at Harvard. While in training he was honored with the esteemed “Intern of the Year” award and nominated by his peers/faculty for the prestigious position of Chief Resident. Dr. Valimahomed provides comprehensive care for a wide variety of painful conditions of the spine, nerves, joints, and muscles by integrating physical therapy, medications, and interventional procedures. The various minimally invasive treatments offered by Dr. Valimahomed include fluoroscopic-guided spine injections, ultrasound-guided musculoskeletal injections, peripheral nerve blocks, regenerative medicine, intrathecal therapy, and spinal cord stimulation.
Dr. Valimahomed has a particular interest in cancer pain as well as the emerging fields of neuromodulation and regenerative medicine, given their implication for long-term pain relief/healing. He has authored textbook chapters and published peer-reviewed research on interventional pain management. Additionally, he has been identified as a young thought leader in the field and serves on the board of directors for the American Society of Pain and Neuroscience (ASPN).
Dr. Valimahomed’s goal is to provide targeted individualized treatment plans for his patients, with a focus on functional outcomes and quality of life.
In his free time, Dr. Valimahomed enjoys exercising, playing basketball, golfing, trying new restaurants, and walking with his dog.
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Spine Pain
- Radiculopathy (Sciatica)
- Neuropathy (Nerve Pain)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS)
- Post-laminectomy (“Failed Back”) Pain Syndrome
- Post-surgical Pain Syndromes
- Sports Medicine Injuries
- Joint Pain / Arthritis
- Cancer Pain
- Headache Pain
- Spasticity Pain
- Central Pain (due to Stroke or Spinal Cord Injury)
- Pelvic / Abdominal Pain
- Vein Pain
Education and Training
College Education: Siena College – Loudenville, NY – B.A.
Medical Education: Albany Medical College – M.D.
Internship: New York Medical College: Westchester Medical Center – Valhalla, New York
Residency: Columbia University Medical Center / Weill Cornell Medicine: New York Presbyterian Hospital – New York, NY
Fellowship: Harvard Medical School: Brigham and Women’s Hospital– Boston, MA
American Society of Pain and Neuroscience
The New Jersey Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- The New York State Pain Society
- North American Neuromodulation Society & International Neuromodulation Society
- The American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- North American Spine Society
- New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Spine Intervention Society
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Association of Academic Physiatrists
- The New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Medical Association