Dr. Manuel T. Banzon is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute. He earned his M.D. at the University of the East in the Philippines, and then completed his residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey. He was also the chief resident at the East Orange VA Hospital.
Today, Dr. Banzon is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the American Medical Association. He is certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery. He has memberships in many professional organizations, including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Medical Society of New Jersey, the Monmouth County Medical Society, and the Philippine-American Medical Society. Dr. Banzon was voted CentraState Medical Center “Physician of the Year 2007.”
Dr. Banzon started his orthopedic practice in Freehold in 1979 with a philosophy of providing high quality and compassionate patient care. Locally, he pioneered the use of Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) in conjunction with Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) in total joint replacement. He uses minimally invasive knee replacements in conjunction with tendon sparing procedure resulting in early and rapid recovery after surgery. Dr. Banzon does not use staples to close the wound allowing early motion to the knee and hip joint. Dr. Banzon also performs total joint replacements, on an outpatient basis, at the Northern Monmouth Regional Surgicenter, in Manalapan, NJ. Patient can either recover at home or get transferred directly to a rehab facility.
Dr. Banzon has the expertise to treat shoulder, hip and knee problems from youth to adulthood. He is also trained in minimally invasive, arthroscopic procedures of the shoulder and knee. When arthritis sets in, he offers total joint surgery.
Being an avid skier, snow boarder and scuba diver, Dr. Banzon can understand sports-related injuries and implement surgical and non-surgical treatments appropriate to the injury. He can identify with his patients and their desire for a speedy recovery.
- Arthroscopy and Reconstruction Surgery: Shoulder and Knee
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement: Hip, Knee, and Shoulder
- Knee Replacement: Unicompartmental and Total Knee With Computer Navigation
- Shoulder Replacement: Standard and Reverse
- Computer Navigated Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine, including: Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Foot/Ankle
- Trauma and Fracture Care
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Hand Injuries
Education and Training
College Education: University of the East in Philippines – Quezon City, Philippines – PreMed
Medical Education: University of the East in Philippines – Quezon City, Philippines – MD
Internship: St. Barnabas Medical Center – Livingston, NJ – General Surgery
Residency: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey – NJ – Orthopedic Surgery
Awards and Honors:
- Physician of the Year 2007
- Thirty years of service award, CentraState Medical Center 2009
- Orthopedic Medical Director at Care One at Holmdel
- Faculty Member, Family Medicine Residency Program at CentraState
- Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery CentraState Medical Center 1995-1999
- Vice Chairman, Department of Orthopedic Surgery CentraState Medical Center 1992-1995
- Chief, Section of Orthopedic Surgery at CentraState Medical Center, 1985-1989
- CentraState Medical Center – Freehold
- Northern Monmouth Regional Surgicenter – Manalapan
- Raritan Bay Medical Center – Old Bridge