Knee Replacement Surgery Provided by Experienced Orthopedic Surgeons in Monroe Township, NJ
Knee replacement surgery is typically one of the last treatment options to consider for an injured or damaged knee joint. If you have recently hurt your knee or have chronic knee pain, there may be conservative treatment options that should be explored first. When conservative treatments have been exhausted, it may then be time to consider joint replacement surgery.
At Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute in Monroe Township, New Jersey, our board-certified orthopedic surgeons are ready to help you find relief from your knee joint pain. Our team is willing to discuss all options to ensure you receive the treatment that’s best for you. When knee replacement surgery is recommended, we offer two options depending on your condition: total knee replacement and partial knee replacement. At our office in Monroe Township, NJ, both of these procedures are performed using minimally invasive techniques, which have many advantages compared with traditional open surgery, including that:
- The quadriceps and other nearby muscles are not cut or disrupted during the procedure.
- A smaller incision, of about 5 inches rather than 10 inches or more, is used.
- Most patients experience shorter hospital stays and shorter recovery times.
- Many patients are able to return to regular activities in about three to six weeks.
- There is less blood loss and lower risk of complications developing.
- Patients typically experience less pain following surgery.
If you would like to discuss knee replacement surgery or any other treatment options with a physician at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute, contact us today to schedule an appointment. Our office is conveniently located in Monroe Township, NJ.