Dr. Greller’s education and training at leading institutions has given him the opportunity to treat professional athletes, high-level Division 1 college athletes, and high school athletes. He now brings this level of expertise to Monmouth County. He has served as the Team Physician for Saint John Vianney High School Football, a physician for the US Open Tennis Tournament, Philadelphia High School Football, Freehold Borough High School Football, several professional dance companies in New York City, and served as the Team Physician for the NY/NJ Comets, a National Pro Fastpitch women’s softball team. His vast and diverse experience both in the office and on the field allows him to provide the best care to all of his patients. Dr. Greller’s goal is to help his patients recover quickly and he works closely with trainers, therapists, nutritionists and other medical professionals to help his patients return to competition and regular activities.
Dr. Greller specializes in advanced, minimally-invasive shoulder, knee, hip, and ankle arthroscopic procedures, including ACL, rotator cuff and meniscus surgery. He also performs minimally-invasive hip, knee and shoulder replacements. Dr. Greller, being on the cutting edge of technology in orthopedics, was one of the first New Jersey surgeons to do computer-assisted joint replacements in the tri-state area and he is always trained on the latest technologies to improve patient non-surgical and surgical outcomes. He also cares for adult and pediatric fractures, hand and upper extremity problems, as well as foot and ankle injuries.
In addition to overseeing the daily operations at the office as President and Managing Partner of AOSMI, Dr. Greller is an Associate Professor at Temple University – School of Podiatric Medicine, a Faculty Member of the Family Residency Program at CentraState, and the Assistant Director of the Cartilage Restoration Center of New Jersey (CRC). A division of AOSMI, the center is devoted to the treatment of cartilaginous injuries and damage to the knee and other joints. He utilizes the latest techniques in cartilage repair to eliminate pain, restore function, and reduce or delay the need for total joint arthroplasty, including cartilage regeneration and transplantation. Dr. Greller is on the forefront on the latest advanced techniques including orthobiologics.
Dr. Greller was voted in by his peers to serve as Secretary/Treasurer of the Medical Staff of CentraState Medical Center these past two years. In addition, Dr. Greller serves on many hospital committees including running the ED Executive Committee and multiple other hospital committees. Dr. Greller provides compassionate, personalized care and for the past two years was honored with an award for Most Compassionate Doctor. He was named a Vitals Top 10 Doctor in 2014 and was honored again with the 2013 Patients’ Choice Award in addition to having won it in 2008, 2009 and 2012. He also earned the AMA physicians’ recognition award in 2012.
Dr. Greller is married with two children. In addition to spending time with his family, he enjoys playing basketball, following his favorite football and baseball teams, and getting together with friends in his leisure time. He recently completed an advanced MBA degree at the Isenberg School of Management, which is part of the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Sports Medicine, including: Shoulder, Elbow, Hip, Knee, Foot/Ankle
- Joint and Cartilage Restoration Surgery: Autologous Cartilage Transplantation, Osteochondral Grafts, DeNovo NT, and Microfracture
- Arthroscopy and Reconstruction Surgery: Shoulder Arthroscopy, Hip Arthroscopy, Knee Arthroscopy, and Ankle Arthroscopy
- Joint Preservation Surgery: Cartilage Resurfacing and Partial Joint Replacements
- Minimally Invasive Joint Replacement: Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Shoulder Replacement, Ankle Replacement
- Adult and Pediatric Fracture and Trauma Care
- Advanced Imaging: Ultrasound and Fluoroscopic Guided Injections
- Foot and Ankle Injuries
- Orthobiologics and Hyaluronic Acid Injections
Education and Training
College Education: University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, MI – BS
Medical Education: Albert Einstein College of Medicine – Bronx, NY – MD
Internship: Westchester Medical Center – Valhalla, NY – General Surgery
Residency: Hospital for Joint Disease Orthopedic Institute – NYU Medical Center, NY – Orthopedic Surgery
Fellowship: Temple University – Philadelphia, PA – Sports Medicine
Master’s Degree: University of Massachusetts – Amherst Isenberg School of Management – MBA with Healthcare Focus
Certified Physician Executive: American Association for Physician Leadership – Tampa, FL – CPE
Awards and Honors:
- 2019 Patients’ Choice 5 Year Honoree Award
- 2019 America’s Most Honored Professionals Award – Top 1%
- 2019 On-Time Physician Award
- 2019 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2019 Patients’ Choice
- 2018 Top NJ Doctors
- 2018 Patients’ Choice 5-Year Honoree Award
- 2018 On-Time Physician Award
- 2018 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2018 America’s Most Honored Professionals Award
- 2018 Patients’ Choice Award
- 2017 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2017 Inducted into the International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma
- 2017 Inducted into the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- 2017 NJ Top Doctor Award
- 2017 NJ Top Doctor/Healthy Living – Experts in Their Fields Award
- 2016 America’s Best Physicians Award
- 2016 America’s Top Orthopedists
- 2016 America’s Most Honored Professionals Award
- 2016 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2016 5-Year-Honoree of Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2015 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2015 Top Doctor – International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons
- 2014 Compassionate Doctor Award
- 2014 Vitals Patients’ Choice Award
- 2014 On-Time Doctor
- 2014 Who’s Who Pinnacle Professional of the Year
- 2014 America’s Top Orthopedists
- 2014 Vitals Top 10 Doctors
- 2013 Patients Choice Award
- 2013 Most Compassionate Physician Award
- 2012 AMA Physician’s Recognition Award
- 2012 Most Compassionate Doctor
- 2012 Patients Choice Award
- 2009 Patients Choice Award
- 2008 Patients Choice Award
- CentraState Healthcare System Award for “The Most Complimented Physician”
Dr. Michael Greller has been honored for excellence with the Patients’ Choice Award from Vitals!
Team Physician Positions:
- The NY/NJ Comets, A National Pro Women’s Softball Team, 2013-2014
- Saint John Vianney High School Football, 2013-2014
- Extra year of specialization in Minimally-Invasive Arthroscopic Procedures and Sports Medicine
- President and Managing Partner, Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute
- Past Chief of Staff, CentraState Medical Center
- Assistant Director, Cartilage Restoration Center of New Jersey
- Assistant Professor, Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine
- Faculty Member, Family Medicine Residency Program at CentraState Medical Center
- Member, Board of Trustees, CentraState Medical Center
- Managing Member, Orthopedic Realty Associates
- Vice-President, Pond View Condominium Association
- CentraState Medical Center – Freehold
- Raritan Bay Medical Center – Old Bridge
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital – New Brunswick
- University SurgiCenter – East Brunswick
- Manalapan Surgery Center – Manalapan
- CentraState Leadership Council
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- International Cartilage Repair Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- The American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- New Jersey Orthopaedic Society
- Monmouth County Medical Society
- New Jersey Medical Society
- American Association of Orthopedic Executives
- American Association for Physician Executives
- American College of Healthcare Executives Of New Jersey
- Medical Group Management Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- International Honor Society Beta Gamma Sigma
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
Dr. Michael Greller Testimonials
Highly qualified physician, Dr. Greller, provides Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine’s clients with exceptional care, as recognized on a national level.
Freehold, NJ. August 14, 2016 — Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, the tri state area’s leading surgical and rehabilitation sport medicine practice, has a full complement of exceptional physicians. However, Dr. Michael Greller’s recent national recognition warrants special notice, as well as his extensive list of personal and professional decorations. In 2016 alone he was awarded both the 2016 America’s Best Physicians Award and the 2016 America’s Most Honored Professionals Award by the National Consumer Advisory Board and the American Registry, respectively.
Dr. Greller’s accomplishments don’t end with awards on a wall. He is well known for his work with local and national athletes in sports such as football, tennis, softball, and dance. His positive results stand out, year after year. He was first awarded the “Patient’s Choice Award” in 2008 and has continued to receive this award annually, as well as another for “Most Compassionate” throughout the same period. Patients aren’t the only ones who have noticed Dr. Greller’s competence. He was also voted in by his peers to serve as the Secretary and Treasurer of the Medical Staff of CentraState Medical Center and serves on many committees within the hospital system.
By using an integrative approach to patient care, Dr. Greller’s patients are not only restored to physical health and function, but also to confidence in their own bodies and abilities. A recent patient shares, “I thought I would need surgery on a fracture I had of my humerus, but Dr. Geller was able to give me a full recovery without having to go under the knife!” Utilizing processes such as physical therapy, nutrition, orthobiologics, hyaluronic acid, and others, Dr. Greller offers a full complement of both surgical and non-surgical treatments for every patient’s need. This includes treatment for injuries such as shoulder, knee, hip, and ankle arthroscopic procedures, including ACL, rotator cuff and meniscus surgery; hip, knee and shoulder replacements; computer-assisted joint replacements; adult and pediatric fractures; hand and upper extremity problems; as well as foot and ankle injuries.
Dr. Greller credits his family’s support for his ongoing drive and accomplishments. While he spends his free time with family and friends or playing sports, he is also currently pursuing an MBA through the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. He is an Associate Professor at Temple University – School of Podiatric Medicine, a Faculty Member of the Family Residency Program at CentraState, and the Assistant Director of the Cartilage Restoration Center of New Jersey (CRC).This ongoing commitment to personal improvement is precisely why Dr. Greller is the President and Managing Partner at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Institute.
To find out more about Dr. Greller or the other qualified practitioners at Advanced Orthopedics and Sports Medicine, visit their website or Facebook page, follow their Twitter feed, read their blog, or call the Freehold office at 732.720.2555 or the Monroe Office at 609.235.4100
I personally know you are an extremely good surgeon. You care about the whole person. That is a great quality in a doctor. Your P.T. department proves that. Peter’s the best. My going from the hospital after my knee replacement to them was the best thing I did. I’d do it again. No regrets! I am so grateful to you and your staff.
God Bless You All,
Feb. 2, 2015
Dear Dr. Greller,
I forgot to say thank you for doing my hand surgery (left hand) as well as my other hand surgery (right hand) 5 years ago. You also made a great decision NOT to operate when I had the double fracture of my humerus several years ago.
You are such a talented and compassionate orthopedic surgeon with a wonderful sense of humor. Thank you so much for the excellent care you’ve given me.
I’m writing to thank you for the wonderful job you did with my recent knee replacement surgery. From my first visit to your office I have always felt comfortable and confident that I was in good hands. I’d also like to compliment you on your excellent office staff. I have rarely seen a docto(s office run in such a friendly and professional manner.